[wellylug] reinstall gone wrong!

Rose McGillicuddy rmcgillicuddy at xtra.co.nz
Tue Apr 8 01:07:18 NZST 2003

> I wouldn't gauratee MDK 9.1 will fix this

And you are correct!!  Installed 9.1 - install seemed to g well, and then
same problem with X.

> Try editing /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file and change the following:
>
> under 'Section Device' ( about 3/4 of the way through the file )
> change:
> Driver "vesa (or whatever it is)"
> Driver "s3"

Told me "permission denied" as root.
No such file as user.
Seems weird ...
Regards
Rose

PS
In my travels on the net trying to find solutions - came across this.  So
ran
"cat /proc/pci"
Gave me half a page of info which included "Trio 64V2 /DX or /GX".
I have been to XFdrake and tried all sorts of parameters but no luck.  Yet 9
did work with this machine.  Hope I can contact Dion today.

Thanks
Rose

Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/W7NydA/hdqFAA/VygGAA/0XFolB/TM