[wellylug] Please recommend a decent ISP. Not IHUG !

Stephen Judd stephen at vital.org.nz
Wed Apr 23 08:21:48 NZST 2003

On Wed, 2003-04-23 at 07:52, michael at diaspora.gen.nz wrote:

> I looked for a client that would prompt, and be readily available;
> lynx won't prompt, wget (on my system, anyway) won't handle https,
> and lwp-request won't either.  Suckie.

wget does on mine.

>From the man page:

GNU Wget is a free utility for non-interactive download of files from
       the Web.  It supports HTTP, HTTPS, and FTP protocols, as well as
       retrieval through HTTP proxies.

Witness:

stephen at spleen:/home/stephen$ wget https://www.bnz.co.nz
--08:18:22--  https://www.bnz.co.nz/
           => `index.html'
Resolving www.bnz.co.nz... done.
Connecting to www.bnz.co.nz[203.57.241.205]:443... connected.
Length: unspecified [text/html]

    [   <=>                               ] 26,701        52.68K/s

08:18:24 (52.68 KB/s) - `index.html' saved [26701]

<ewen>apt-get update; apt-get install wget</ewen>

:)

stephen