[wellylug] Wanted: Palmtop/handheld recommendations

John Hamlin John.Hamlin at telecom.co.nz
Mon Aug 25 16:49:07 NZST 2003

Lucky bugger!!!!

-----Original Message-----
From: Jamie Dobbs [mailto:jamie.dobbs at orcon.net.nz]
Sent: 25 August 2003 16:42
To: wellylug at lists.naos.co.nz
Subject: [wellylug] Wanted: Palmtop/handheld recommendations

My wife is thinking about buying me a palmtop for a pressie at some stage
and I'd like some advice on a well priced palmtop to handle the following:

* Phone/address/email contact list

* Some games (such as the PopCap (www.popcap.com) ones eg. Bejewelled)

* Holding documentation such as the PHP manual (which is available in
Palmpilot doc/Palmpilot iSilo formats) - this is probably the most important
thing

* Maybe MP3 playing

* Would be very handy if it supported a couple of different memory card
technologies such as MMC and SD

Keep in mind that she won't be wanting to spend more than a few hundred
dollars (probably around $600-$700 absolute maximum), I know that might be a
lot to ask but I'd welcome some suggestions.

Wellington Linux Users Group Mailing List: wellylug at lists.naos.co.nz

"This communication, including any attachments, is confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient, you should not read
it - please contact me immediately, destroy it, and do not
copy or use any part of this communication or disclose
anything about it. Thank you."