[wellylug] Re: how to adapt this iptables setup?

Johann Koenig explosive at att.net
Tue Aug 26 12:20:27 NZST 2003

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 15:15:27 -0400
Bret Comstock Waldow <bwaldow at alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> Ok.  There is no /etc/rc.d in my Debian system.  /etc/rcX.d has some
> meaning beyond just being another place to gather files - it
> corresponds to runlevel X, and gets swept automatically as the system
> passes through that runlevel.  What is the meaning and equivalent of
> /etc/rc.d?  The other directories referenced appear to exist.

Usually scripts are put in /etc/init.d in debian and symlinked to
/etc/rcX.d (X being the runlevel) with the appropriate Sxx/Kxx (xx
corresponding to the order in which the scripts are run) prefix. I would
assume from what you are saying is that /etc/rc.d is the RH equiv of
/etc/init.d
--
-johann koenig
Now Playing: 59 Times The Pain - Weakend Revolution : Punk-O-Rama (Vol.