[wellylug] (unknown)

Damon Lynch damon at dev-zone.org
Mon Feb 10 09:02:10 NZDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-02-10 at 08:06, Stephen Judd wrote:

> To quote MAPS' definition (http://mail-abuse.org/standard.html):
>
> 	A message need not be offensive or commercial in order to fit
> 	the definition of "spam." Content is irrelevent except to the
> 	extent necessary to determine personal applicability, consent,
> 	and benefit.
>
> Anyway, although this message was better directed than offering ways to
> make money fast, buy shares, or extend our genitalia, it is still spam.
>
> Stephen

Now is quite probably the first time ever in Western history that there
is a large anti-war movement before the war has officially started.
Over the past decade, according to the UN, hundreds of thousands of
Iraqi children have died.  The previous US administration said the cost
of the children's lives was "worth it".

Perhaps this is of no interest to you.  But it is very interesting to a
good number of people.  We in the wellylug are part of a community.
Sometimes these things will come up in our community.  People who use
Linux will directly be involved in carrying out the official war,
possibly (or even probably) including people on this list.  It is also
quite possible that there are Assyrian refugees from Iraq who are on
this list (there are thousands of such Assyrians who live in
Wellington).

Damon
--
Damon Lynch <damon at dev-zone.org>