[wellylug] Fw: next meeting

Peter Jones PeterJ at indeserve.co.nz
Thu Jan 9 09:20:13 NZDT 2003

Probably the easist way to find out is to try it.
If you have another hard drive you can install to it is better
(in case it all turns to shit and the only way out is a format)
then you haven't trashed your "other" OS.

What distribution have you got - and what release?
Mandrake, easpecially the latest versions, is pretty easy to install.
Other distros are reputedly "not" so straight forward.
OTOH Lycoris could be setup by a 5 year old. While asleep! It is super easy.

What hardware do you have? Sometimes it pays not to have bleeding edge video
cards,
anythng with Win in the name (ie Winmodem) may have difficulties.

Get hold of the Knoppix CD (was a magazine cover CD not too long ago,
or I think it can be downloaded) and you have an opportunity to try Linux
without
touching anything on the hard drive.

Turn flat surfaces into speakers with the Soundbug.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/QWAVSC/onCFAA/xGHJAA/0XFolB/TM

        http://wlug.paradise.net.nz/