[wellylug] CDRW in RH 7.2

Andrew Presant zrx1100 at paradise.net.nz
Fri Jan 17 18:52:20 NZDT 2003

Hi all,

A newbie here. I using RedHat 7.2. I've got 8.0 but it won't install -
separate issue.

I've got a cheap CDRW and it says it's supported in Linux but it's not
working. No drivers are supplied. It reads a 'burnt' CD but not a blank CD.

Blank CD's won't mount with the message - 'Could not mount device. The
reported error error was: mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock
on /dev/cdrom1, or too many mounted file systems (could this be the IDE
device where you in fact use ide-scsi so that sr0 or sda or so is needed?)'

Should I be trying to mount a blank CD?

How do you burn to a CDR in Linux?

Is there a (free) program (GUI please) I can use to burn CDs with Linux?

Cheers
Andrew
--
<zrx1100 at paradise.net.nz>
We ride way too fast to worry about cholesterol

Flexible Keyboard is the ideal accessory for PDA users that are on the move.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/dCBVZC/WnCFAA/xGHJAA/0XFolB/TM

        http://wlug.paradise.net.nz/