[wellylug] CDRW in RH 7.2

Wellington Assassin pipes at resentment.org
Tue Jan 21 11:57:01 NZDT 2003

Andrew,

The only gui interfaces I know, use the commandline tools mkisofs and
cdrecord. So before you get using the below links, you will have to
make sure you have mkisofs and cdrecord installed.

You do not wish to mount the cd, because mount will be looking for a
mountable file system. Which, of course, there is none on a blank cd
=)

So the job here is to make a filesystem, and then write that system to
the cd, which of course, you can then mount... (eg, a .iso file is a
cd filesystem + data).

Errr something like that ;)

I am not one for GUI tools, however the ones I have used in the past
are:

http://gnometoaster.rulez.org/ <- People rave about this tool, however
I have never had much luck with it.

http://eclipt.uni-klu.ac.at/eroaster.php <- VERY easy to use. 100%
success rate for me, a very tidy utility.

You should be able to get burning using either of the above, any other
issues you might experience could proberly be put down to module
issues with your particular burner...

cheers,

http://www.rapturesecurity.com

"You have zero privacy anyway-get over it."
Scott McNealy, CEO, Sun Microsystems

-------------------
>Hi all,
>
>A newbie here. I using RedHat 7.2. I've got 8.0 but it won't install
-
>separate issue.
>
>I've got a cheap CDRW and it says it's supported in Linux but it's
not
>working. No drivers are supplied. It reads a 'burnt' CD but not a
blank CD.

>Blank CD's won't mount with the message - 'Could not mount device.
The
>reported error error was: mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad
superblock
>on /dev/cdrom1, or too many mounted file systems (could this be the
IDE
>device where you in fact use ide-scsi so that sr0 or sda or so is
needed?)'

>Should I be trying to mount a blank CD?
>
>How do you burn to a CDR in Linux?
>
>Is there a (free) program (GUI please) I can use to burn CDs with
Linux?

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/