[wellylug] WINXP/VMWare and RH 8

teejay1203 <teejay1203@hotmail.com> teejay1203 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 21 18:19:42 NZDT 2003

One of my flatmates is running Win XP, VMWare and RH8. Unfortunately
when he starts VMWare on XP, and chooses Linux, he gets dumped into
the default terminal mode (tty1).

When I tried to use Xconfigurator, it wouldn't automatically detect
the GEForce4 card (64M RAM) and the Phillips monitor, and as such
looped around and around.

My flatmate reckons all he needs to do is reinstall Linux via VMWare
but there must be some other workaround (or is there?).

Apart from suggesting he creates a new partition and installs a dual
boot or reloading Linux from scratch, is there anything anyone can
recommend?

Flexible Keyboard is the ideal accessory for PDA users that are on the move.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/dCBVZC/WnCFAA/xGHJAA/0XFolB/TM

        http://wlug.paradise.net.nz/