[wellylug] RedHat 8.0 update problem

zrx1100 zrx1100 at paradise.net.nz
Fri Jan 24 08:36:08 NZDT 2003

Hi,

I had a good working system with RH7.2 so I decided to update it to RH8.0 :)

Install went fine untill reboot time. Got the following message

mount: error 6 mounting ext3
pivotroot: pivot_root (/sysroot, /sysroot/initrd) failed 2
umount /initrd/proc failed 2
freeing unused kernel memory 240k freed
kernal panic: no init found. Try passing init=option to kernal

Boots OK from floppy (except things don't work - ie dhcp, atalk, firewall,
etc.... Nothing important :)  )

Where do I start? I'm new to linux and I've searched the web for help and it
goes straight over my head. Most sites talk like I know what I'm doing or
I'm using RH 6.0 (!).

Help...

Cheers
Andrew

PS I got the CD burner going before this. At least I'm learning.

Turn flat surfaces into speakers with the Soundbug.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/QWAVSC/onCFAA/xGHJAA/0XFolB/TM

        http://wlug.paradise.net.nz/