[wellylug] Problems P4S8X Linux

Raul Cervera rc_itarte at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 1 22:07:39 NZST 2003

Hi Chris,

I've found your message in google, and I have nearly the same problem as you...

My SuSe 8.2, recognize the SiS900 Ethernet Card, but I bought another one (a
RealTek 8139) and it works for 3 days, after that it finishes to work...

Also, I have a ATI Radeon 9100, and the VGA mode 0x317 that SuSe puts to boot
(with a beautiful blue color in Console F1), finishes to work too, after
putting the RealTek card... If I remove this net card, nothing changes... The
VGA card doesn't work correctly...

But, in Windows XP, everything works perfectly!!

Well, sorry for my english... If you have any comment, it will be very
appreciated...

Thanks from Barcelona (Spain)!
Raúl Cervera.