[wellylug] Anyone running a 2.6 kernel yet?

Jonathan Harker jharker at massey.ac.nz
Thu Jul 31 14:23:45 NZST 2003

Stephen Judd wrote:
> Now that 2.6.0-test is out, I thought I might gingerly give it a go.
>
> Anyone else running it? Words of advice?
>
> Stephen

I am experimenting with it at the moment. Copying a 2.4 config and modifying
it with make menuconfig seems to be broken. A bunch of the modules don't even
compile and need to be disabled in the config. For some completely bizarre
reason console support is disabled by default, apparently people won't need
one. OTOH USB 2 and firewire support is much better.

Useful notes at
    http://lwn.net/Articles/39901/

HTH,
Jonathan