[wellylug] Need some help with Gentoo

Jamie Dobbs jamie.dobbs at paradise.net.nz
Mon Jun 2 17:08:20 NZST 2003

After reading responses, and trying a few things I have come up with the
following solution:

I have edited the /etc/fstab entries to read as follows:

# Mount the Windows partitions
/dev/hda1               /mnt/win_c      vfat           rw,user,umask=000
/dev/hda5               /mnt/win_d      vfat           rw,user,umask=000
/dev/hda6               /mnt/win_e      vfat           rw,user,umask=000

This now seems to work.

I can fully understand that this may seem a little trivial to many of
you but to me it was quite a concern. Thanks to those of you who have
helped to sort it out for me.

I must admit that Gentoo is very nice from the perspective of speed, it
runs much faster than any other distro that I have run, now if I can
just get my printing to work I'll be happy ..... for a while anyway!