[wellylug] How many in Wellylug use Quanta Plus?

Damon Lynch damon at photo.geek.nz
Thu Nov 6 14:23:53 NZDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 01:44, Brenda Wallace wrote:
> I'll have another look @ quanta now that it does cvs :-)
>
> what does it do with ssh? (apart from cvs)

Like all KDE programmes I'm aware of, you can open and save files via
ssh by specifying as the file name  in the open / save dialogue (for
instance):

fish://user@ip/path/to/file

The component of KDE which handles this must be installed, of course,
which will depend on how you installed KDE.

It works in Konqueror as well, as does smb://, etc.

Gnome needs to catch up to this, I think :-)  Windows has none of this
cool stuff, AFAIK.

Damon