[wellylug] Email address and website

Ewen McNeill wellylug at ewen.mcneill.gen.nz
Sat Nov 15 11:25:27 NZDT 2003

In message <000a01c3aadb$b4b4bf90$0201a8c0 at dragonfire>, "Jamie Dobbs" writes:
>The outcome of which is that we will be moving the website away from
>Paradise.net (Ewen, Jethro should be in contact soon about that)

He has.  It's nearly set up now, and I've emailed Jethro details to
maintain the content.  I'm sure he'll post the URL when he's happy it's
all set up.

>now need to find a new email address.

wellylug.org.nz

is available.  (wlug.org.nz isn't)

wlug.geek.nz

and

wellylug.geek.nz

are both available.

It seems to me that putting both the contact email address (and the
website) under a domain which can then be moved from provider to
provider will make things easier.  (I'm happy to point all email for the
domain at a contact mailbox.)

Domain registration can be had for $30-$40 a year.  It seems to me that
this'd be an excellent thing for the suggested membership fee to fund.

Ewen