[wellylug] Laptop recommendations

Centurion Computer Technology Ltd centurion at paradise.net.nz
Thu Sep 11 07:58:30 NZST 2003

I can supply a range of Laptops without the bundled Windows OS, and one
of the models has a 'ge Force 4Go' video chipset, which will give you
good 3d hardware acceleration for stuff like tuxracer.  It has the
following features

Penguin Desknote:

4x USB2 (480Mbps).
1x iee1394 Firewire Port.
MMC, SDRAM, and Sony Memory stick reader.
2x type I, II, or 1x type III PCMCIA card slots
FIR Infra red port.
CD RW / DVDrom Combo Drive
Built in Floppy
15.1" TFT lcd panel,
upto 1Gb of DDR Ram
upto 80Gb Harddisk
upto P4 2.8 Ghz socket 478 processor
Built in sound + external  line in and line out.
Built in modem.

I currently have a display model (P4-2.4Ghz/256Mb/20G) running Redhat 9
which I could bring around to demostrate today or tomorrow.

Let me know what specs you are after and I will price one up for you.