[wellylug] Mandrake 10 issue

Damon Lynch damon at photo.geek.nz
Fri Apr 9 17:45:37 NZST 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-09 at 15:58, Jamie Dobbs wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-04-09 at 15:38, Damon Lynch wrote:
>
> > Gnome 2.6 is due in cooker -- I haven't checked the mirrors myself this
> > last week.  They won't be updates -- you'll have to keep in sync with
> > cooker if you want Gnome 2.6, and the inevitable updates to that :)
> >
> How stable is cooker these days (for day to day use)?

I have not used the cooker in the last few weeks, so I can't say.  Been
too busy :)  Before that it was usable, quite reasonable really.

http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/cookerdevel.php3

> Is there a simple command I can run when I have a reliable mirror to
> update the whole system?

To update mirrors, and then upgrade all packages -

urpmi.update -a
urpmi --auto-select --auto

To upgrade kernel -
urpmi kernel