[wellylug] Ruminations

Eugene Van Wyk Eugene.VanWyk at 4rf.com
Thu Apr 15 08:18:38 NZST 2004

Hi Ross

A friend and I got some of the old P1 machines from you last year, and
they have turned out to be very useful.  (Dare I say this? :-))I am
using one, running DRDOS, for real time measurements via the parallel
port, plus some hairy maths.  All three other machines are also in use
by kids, and they have proved tough as nails.

If you have any more of those I'd be interested, also if you have any
early P2 machines, working or faulty.
I have bought a DEC P2 233 for experimentation, and it too has so far
proved bullet proof.  I am about to mess with some hard drive
electronics and IDE interfaces though, and run a fair risk of damaging
things, so some "expendable" hardware will be very useful.

You can contact me at eugene.vanwyk at 4rf.com or on 499 6000.

Regards

Eugene van Wyk
Test Development Engineer