[wellylug] Aims or Objectives > Back to PCI Modems

Damon Lynch damon at photo.geek.nz
Mon Apr 19 15:24:31 NZST 2004

On Mon, 2004-04-19 at 15:13, Jamie Dobbs wrote:

> I could, but why should I have to? To me its just another example of
> bringing things out too early when there is a lack of drivers etc. for the
> core OS

There is no lack of drivers.  You are after non-free drivers.  They do
not belong in the main distro.  The place for them is Mandrake Club:

ltmodem-8.26a9-11mdk 	ltmodem kernel module driver for Winmodems with
Lucent ISA and PCI chipsets. 	linux/i586
ltmodem_kernel-2.6.3.7mdk-8.26a9-11mdk 	ltmodem kernel module driver for
Winmodems with Lucent ISA and PCI chipsets.
ltmodem_kernel-2.4.25.2mdk-8.26a9-9mdk 	ltmodem kernel module driver for
Winmodems with Lucent ISA and PCI chipsets.

There are flavours for all of the official kernels.

Please also keep in mind that if the drivers were GPL'ed, there would be
no issue.  Please direct complaints to the hardware manufacturer.

Damon