[wellylug] SAA7134

Pizbit pizbit at neko.net.nz
Wed Apr 21 16:34:43 NZST 2004

Well, my messings around would appear that it is being treated as a keyboard,
which is ok for now, gives me some basic controls over tvtime although there are
three buttons which don't work at the moment that I wouldn't mind haveing
working are: fullscreen, channel +-. No doubt I'll sort that out some other
time, just glad it's working.
I did the modprobe evdev , tried to modprobe ir-common but it said it couldn't
find it. Copied you lircd.conf file.

Part of it being treated like a keyboard is that xhkeys can be use to configure
some of the buttons. Some don't appear to register to it <-My definition of not
working, nothing shows in xev for these keys either. However, the mute and
volume +- keys work the same as the multimedia keys I setup on my keyboard with
xhkeys. Of course, this means these keys also control xmms and anything else
that uses sound as I set the keys to control the main volume control via aumix
itself rather than xmms. Very nice, now to see the range on this thing... Right,
~ a simple try show it will reach at least as far as the farthest part of my
room, excellent!

I'm glad that I've actually got the remote working and that it no longer sits in
a box in a draw being junk!

Out of curiosity, have many people used their remote to try and play games o_O?
*Imagine someone trying to play quake with this piddly little remote and cracks
up laughing.*

David Antliff wrote:
| On Tue, 20 Apr 2004, David Zanetti wrote:
<Yoink!>

|>Are you using lirc, or treating as a keyboard under X? The latter I want
|>to try out, but haven't had the inclination to break a mostly working
|>system :)
|

| I'm using the /dev/input interface with LIRC (modprobe evdev). I modprobe
| 'ir-common' with 'repeat=0'. It's been a while since I looked at this, but
| if I remember correctly LIRC handles the up and down events separately -
| just put the 'down' code in lircd.conf:
|
| $ cat /etc/lircd.conf
| begin remote
|
|   name  flyvideo3000
|
|   begin codes
|
|     AIR_CATV            0x00010182
|     VIDEO               0x00010189
|     AUDIO               0x00010188
|     POWER               0x00010074
|     AV_SOURCE           0x000100b0
|     FULLSCREEN          0x00010174
|     STEREO              0x00010079
|     MUTE                0x00010071
|     VOLUME_UP           0x00010073
|     VOLUME_DOWN         0x00010072
|     CHANNEL_UP          0x00010192
|     CHANNEL_DOWN        0x00010193
|     RECALL              0x00010081
|     ENTER               0x00010060
|     1                   0x0001004f
|     2                   0x00010050
|     3                   0x00010051
|     4                   0x0001004b
|     5                   0x0001004c
|     6                   0x0001004d
|     7                   0x00010047
|     8                   0x00010048
|     9                   0x00010049
|     0                   0x00010052
|
|   end codes
|
| end remote
|
| When I was setting this all up, there was no support for the FlyVideo3000
| remote in the driver, so I actually went through the entire process of
| converting the GPIO codes into events within the driver. Unfortunately the
| day I got it all working, someone else had submitted a patch that did
| exactly the same thing. At least I got a good idea of how it all works
| (which I've now largely forgotten).
|
| It all works very well, controlling mplayer, xmms, xawtv, mozilla and
| smartmenu (a great XML-based overlay menu). The only issue is that holding
| a key down generates repeated events, but that's easy to live with unless
| you're used to mashing down on worn out remotes...  ;)

- --
(Leo/Pizbit)
I don't kill flies, but I like to mess with their minds.  I hold them above
globes.  They freak out and yell "Whooa, I'm *way* too high."
~                -- Bruce Baum