[wellylug] Novell merges Linux tech into new product

Rob Giltrap rob at ubietygroup.com
Wed Aug 11 21:57:26 NZST 2004

Just as standardisation led to MS dominance, the same thing is happening
with Gnome on the Linux desktop. Corporates want a single standard UI
and Gnome is the one all the vendors are getting in behind.

Sun, HP, Novell, RedHat, Real Networks are all committed to Gnome and it
is where the majority of certification is taking place.

Having said that Novell/SuSE have a large number of KDE customers
particularly in Germany which they will continue to sustain so they
won't be dropping KDE support anytime soon.