[wellylug] Parallel port detection

Paul Daniel paul.daniel at orcon.net.nz
Sat Dec 25 21:30:05 NZDT 2004

Hi all,

I am running Mepis (Debian 3.0 testing tarted up a little) and get the
following error early in boot sequence  Cannot allocate resource region
4 of device xxxx00:02.1
I am wondering if this is related to my recent inability to get any of
the distros I have been using to recognise the existence of my Epson
stylus colour 600 printer on parallel port 1 (lp0).
Should an lspci show up my parallel port?  Could this be the result of a
recent power cut/surge.  The printer is still detecting the PC shutting
down and starting up.
Kernel is 2.6.8 I think.

Cheers
Paul D