[wellylug] Parallel port detection

Bill Christiansen bill.christiansen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 10:54:28 NZDT 2004

The "cannot allocate resource region 4 ..." error is probably a red
herring as I also get this on my laptop every time I boot but it
doesn't cause any problems that I can tell. I assumed it's an
erroneous ACPI message. I normally print to the usb port but I just
tried my HP laserjet on the parallel port to test it and it does work.
You might want to check you have all the cupsys related packages
installed. I'm running Ubuntu with 2.6.9 kernel.