[wellylug] WANTED: Distro recommendation

Jamie Dobbs jamie.dobbs at orcon.net.nz
Tue Feb 17 11:18:04 NZDT 2004

I want to find a _simple_ distro to do the following tasks:

Printer sharing (1 x USB printer and 1 x Parallel printer) (has to be
able to be printed to from Windows and Linux either Samba or IPP)

DNS Server (has to have the ability to apply a fixed IP to a certain MAC
address)

Mail Server - must use maildir

Now I know that I could do this with damn near any distro out there, but
surely there has to be something that already exists to do this and has
nice admin tools etc. built in?

Id by some chance there isn't already something like this, perhaps there
is an opening is the distro market for sucha  thing?

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Cheers

Jamie