[wellylug] Collected addresses

Jethro Carr dodocaptain at paradise.net.nz
Wed Feb 25 07:39:41 NZDT 2004

listen Ian,

The wellylug webmaster address is already getting spammed, and it's only
mentioned on the wellylug site, and this list. It's because spammers
scan webpages for email addresses. He probely got your's from the
mailing list archive, with a bot scanning the HTML.

If you don't want to get spammed, don't use the address for things like
mailing lists, which are nearly always archived, in HTML, or install a
spam blocker.

I get about 10 bits of junk a day, but the paradise anti-spam system,
appears to get it all - I only get spam once!

> DONT'T LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN!!!

Trying to keep your self spam free is your job, and don't have a go,
accusing other members, of setting out to spam you - How can we prevent
spam getting to you? I don't think members go around siging people up
for spam for fun...

--
-- Jethro

dodocaptain at paradise.net.nz