[wellylug] debian imap

Enkidu enkidu at cliffp.com
Thu Jul 1 20:17:17 NZST 2004

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 19:28:55 +1200, you wrote:

>On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 14:59:11 +1200
>Chris Hodgetts <chris at archnetnz.com> wrote:
>
>> Sorry, but could I ask a dumb question here?
>>
>> Why would anyone want to run multiple concurrent IMAP sessions?
>
>PC at VUW, talking to IMAP server at home.  Mail client always running.
>
>PC at home, talking to the same IMAP server.
>
>Laptop talking to the same IMAP server.
>
>All at once, a lot of the time.

Why? You can only read it in one place at a time!

I was picking up my email every five minutes. Then I thought, this is
crazy! Do I really need to read my email **instantly**? Does it matter
that much? The answer, obviously, is no. If I want instant, there's
the phone.

So I cut back my email pickup to once an hour, but that's probably too
frequent.

Cheers,

Cliff