[wellylug] Re: [wlug_org] Installing Mandrake 10.0 on a Toshiba 2100 CDS laptop

Bill Christiansen bill.christiansen at paradise.net.nz
Mon Jul 5 21:12:23 NZST 2004

Micheal wrote:

>>I have been trying to install Mandrake 10.0 on a Toshiba 2100 CDS laptop.
>>
>>After making a boot floppy, rebooting, and starting the installation
>>program in "expert" mode, the installer gets as far as "Configuring
>>PCMCIA cards" before hanging.
>>
>>I tried googling on this and tried passing kernal parameters like
>>"pcm=nobios" during the installation but have got nowhere.

Is that a "Satellite" 2100 CDS? The ones I googled had 64MB ram which
sounds a bit light for MD10, It might be worth trying a Debian or Slack
based distro as they might handle the pcmcia config a little different.
I popped the first  MD10 CD in my Satellite 4090XCDT (128Mb p2 400Mhz)
and it  passed the  pcmcia detection  before I bailed out  (didn't wont
to overwrite my  yoper  :-))