[wellylug] [Fwd: Govt guidance would guarantee our geek credentials (Green Party media release)]

andrej at paradise.net.nz andrej at paradise.net.nz
Wed Jul 14 14:28:26 NZST 2004

[flame-fodder on]
We've all heard the arguments that people dream
up to justify HTML in mails :)
[flame-fodder off]

Fact is that one can structure/format text perfectly
without using HTML tags, and the old-skool way
of making things *bold* or /italic/ or _underlined_
work just as well, without the hassle of having to
render anything. ;)

The fact that HTML formatted text is flowed more
nicely doesn't mean a thing since it's common
knowledge that a column of about 60 to 70
characters is optimal for reading, and considering
the fact that HTML-mail users commonly also are
before-quoters which makes the whole issue non-
existing when it comes to the "flow of quoted text"

;}

Aaaah, that was refreshing! There's just nothing like
an opinion worth fighting for ;)

Cheers,
Andrej