[wellylug] Samba author on NZ

JP jumbophut at yahoo.co.in
Mon Jun 14 14:34:42 NZST 2004

I saw this comment in some notes about a presentation
Andrew Tridgell (Samba author) gave to the Victoria
LUG:

"there is now a protocol scanner – so when a new
service pack comes out, scan it and look for new
protocols to implement, for instance. Reverse
engineering? Tsk tsk, this could be DMCA/FTA issues.

But samba should be ok, due to various historical
reasons. Or maybe move to New Zealand, the “last
bastion of freedom” :P"

Original here:
<http://www.bytebot.net/conferences/samba4status.html>

In terms of ability to do reverse engineering, I would
have thought of other countries before NZ, but we'll
have him if he wants to come, won't we?

:-)

Cheers
Tony