[wellylug] New prices for TelstraClear Cable

Ewen McNeill wellylug at ewen.mcneill.gen.nz
Wed Mar 3 08:46:11 NZDT 2004

In message <404479EF.5080406 at ubietygroup.com>, Rob Giltrap writes:
>Customers on TelstraClear's residential network in those areas can now
>have a level of speed and traffic volume not seen in New Zealand before.
>There are three plans including the "entry level" HighSpeed 1G which
>offers 2048 kbps/512kbps and 1 Gigabyte for just $39.95. When a phone
>line is added it costs $64.90.
>[....]
>I'm getting the 2Mb/512Kb/5GB as soon as their call centre opens in the
>morning... A full 650MB ISO in 45 minutes... yummy.

Alas you can't actually ask for them yet (been there, tried that).  They
officially launch on the 8th of March (even though they're on their
website now), and the plan changeover has to happen on a billing cycle
rollover.

So according to the customer services person I spoke to you need to ring
up after the 8th, and before your next billing cycle, in order to
request it.  (He said it wasn't even in their system to select at
present.)

In view of that it's probably best to hold off on the deluge of calls to
TelstraClear a while.  The new plans are a lot more generous than the
old ones (especially in the area of excess data charges), so it's
almost certainly worth considering changing.

Ewen