[wellylug] New prices for TelstraClear Cable

Klenner, Colin colin.klenner at eds.com
Wed Mar 3 11:05:43 NZDT 2004

Rob Giltrap wrote

Whoops, I didn't mean to start a flame war. I just intended this for
informational purposes as many WellyLUGers do alot of downloading and
this is relevent to us.

I do agree with some of the comments though. There is a need for a lower
speed / lower cost service where you don't have to worry about having an
unexpected bill for overused traffic when your teenager works out how to
download music videos at a rate of 1GB/hour

~~~
Colin says:

Seems to me we have had a comprehensive analysis of what Telstra can offer
and the relative merits of each plan, but what about a comparison from
Telecom, Walker-data, and other Telco/providers?

Let's be reasonable and compare offerings with offerings as closely as
possible.
- data rate kb/sec
- data capacity kb/sec
- cost / Mb / month