[wellylug] New prices for TelstraClear Cable

Phillip Hutchings sitharus at sitharus.com
Wed Mar 3 14:30:36 NZDT 2004

> If there is significant demand for a product (and there is) and there is
> a precedent of that product being commercially viable (and there is)
> then having an expectation that it should be available doesn't seem
> unreasonable or particularly unrealistic.

I would assume that such a product is viable if there's demand. Thing is,
99% of people who want it sit on mailing lists and complain that it isn't
there. If nobody tells them, they won't know. Email TelstraClear's support
desk or something, they'll hopefully register the request. If enough
people do, it'd be silly for them not to offer a plan.

I would assume the reason for them not offering a plan is that their focus
groups - I would guess that most of their users aren't nerds - use little
bandwidth, but like surfing fast.

Personally, I like the 512Kbps upstream, and the ability to run servers
that we have :)

--
Phillip Hutchings
http://www.sitharus.com/