[wellylug] Palm pilot USB hotsync problems

Colin & Josephine Lewis cjlewis at amcom.co.nz
Fri Mar 5 17:46:11 NZDT 2004

I am trying to hotsync my new Acer palm powered handheld to my PC which is
running jpilot (mdk 9.1), using the USB port, but without any success.

The log file from jpilot gives the following message:
pi_bind invalid argument
Check your serial port and settings
Exiting with status SYNC_ERROR_BIND

When syncing my existing palm via the serial port, I had the Serial Port
dialogue set to /dev/ttyS1 (under File, Preferences, Settings) and it would
sync just fine.  I have changed this setting to /dev/usb for my new palm.  Am
I correct in doing this? Jpilot does say that it supports usb hot syncing.

Is anybody expereinced in such things and able to interpret this log file
message or offer some general advice?  My other option I suppose is to try
and get hold of the optional serial hotsync cable.

Colin Lewis