[wellylug] Free (broken) 400W power supply

Damon Lynch damon at photo.geek.nz
Sun Mar 7 14:22:21 NZDT 2004

Hi,

Any one is welcome to take off my hands a Super Flower 400W power
supply, confirmed not working.  It doesn't work in three different
machines, and furthermore, now that it is not in my main machine at
home, I now know why my speakers were emitting an annoying squeal and
the motherboard was erroneously reporting "CPU failure".

The fans on the PSU do spin up, but after about 1 second, the unit seems
to slow down dramatically.

Contact me off list if you have the skills to potentially fix it -- you
are welcome to keep it.  I have not opened it up or made any
modifications to it.

Damon