[wellylug] Presentation videos now available

Martin Bähr mbaehr at email.archlab.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Mar 10 01:03:22 NZDT 2004

On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 10:05:18PM +1300, Jamie Baddeley wrote:
> - The last thing I think we want to have happen is people stop coming to
> a LUG meeting, because they can watch it online instead. Catching up
> each other in meatspace instead of cyberspace has it's value.

i can't imagine this having much effect really.

> - If you can't make it go, ask for help. I can watch it here. All you
> need is mplayer.

yup, works plenty fine here from latvia.
(viewing the 128kbit version, the 64kbit one was barely understandable
 and the 384kbit one creates some gaps (not surprisingly :-)

> - The fact that it's Microsoft format is actually good. *gasp* Why?

for streaming, realmedia is no better, the format is just as proprietary
and playes worse in mplayer.

greetings, martin.
--
looking for a job doing pike programming, sTeam/caudium/pike/roxen training,
sTeam/caudium/roxen and/or unix system administration anywhere in the world.