[wellylug] Lycoris Desktop/LX Software

Phillip Hutchings sitharus at sitharus.com
Sun Mar 14 21:46:29 NZDT 2004

On 14/03/2004, at 9:27 PM, Michael Dittmer wrote:

> I'm not going to start a flame war here as it doesn't get anywhere.
>
> The question is: Why does the linux community (and I'm not just talking
> people here in NZ) have a problem with companies making money from
> Linux.

We don't have any problem with people making money from linux. If
people didn't make money from it, it wouldn't be here. What I have a
problem with is using this list as a sales medium. Most people here are
quite Linux knowledgeable, or at least already have Linux installed and
are looking for help.

I view that sort of message as spam - it's commercial advertising, and
it is unsolicited. And even more so because it's avoided my filters by
coming through the list.

> [blah blah blah]
>
> [RANT]
> [even more blah]
> [/RANT]

As above, there's nothing wrong with selling linux products, and
companies are completely entitled to charge whatever they like for
their products, and sell them in whatever packages they want. I don't
care about that. I don't like spam. That was spam.

--
Phillip Hutchings
me at sitharus.com
http://www.sitharus.com/