[wellylug] Mandrake 10 "issues"

Robin Hinde robin at hindesite.co.nz
Sun Mar 14 22:59:01 NZDT 2004

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 12:31, Wood Brent wrote:
> Note that the early Mandrake releases are not especially robust. The
> community is expected to help sort these out, hence its description as a
> community release. The re-release of v10.0 as a stable product in a month
> or three should clear up these sorts of issues.
>
> While I think this is a good idea, as it delivers bleeding edge stuff to
> play with if you want to, with a more reliable, stable product downstream,
> the early release of the community edition is grabbed by many who expect
> something stable, but can be disappointed.

I think Mandrake are taking the right approach, I doubt if anybody will be
disappointed with this release if they consider it to be a late beta release.
While it apparently still has a problems, it is better than the last version
I tried (beta1).

Just spent all evening with 5 window managers running *concurrently*, no
problems while doing this, even on a PIII 750/256MB ram.

cheers