No advertising on the list (was Re: [wellylug] Lycoris Desktop/LX Software)

Ewen McNeill wellylug at ewen.mcneill.gen.nz
Mon Mar 15 09:38:06 NZDT 2004

In message <1079263977.4589.130.camel at damon.asianreflection.com>, Damon Lynch writes:
>I assume telling people I have installer CDs and that I will make them
>available is ok?  People normally give two blank CDs in exchange for
>each one with data.  Is this ok with you Ewen?

In moderation, yes.  Ie, once for a new set of disks which might be
popular is okay.  If someone were posting a regular "have the following
N distributions available" posting then I'd be more concerned about
that.  (I would, however, encourage people to respond directly to the
person that posted the announcements: "can you burn me a copy too"
messages aren't exactly the most thrilling for the rest of the list.)

Ewen