No advertising on the list (was Re: [wellylug] Lycoris Desktop/LX Software)

Jo Booth - Project Services joseph at projectservices.co.nz
Tue Mar 16 09:12:05 NZDT 2004

On 15 Mar 2004, at 09:38, Ewen McNeill wrote:
> In message <1079263977.4589.130.camel at damon.asianreflection.com>,
> Damon Lynch writes:
>> I assume telling people I have installer CDs and that I will make them
>> available is ok?  People normally give two blank CDs in exchange for
>> each one with data.  Is this ok with you Ewen?
>
> In moderation, yes.  Ie, once for a new set of disks which might be
> popular is okay.  If someone were posting a regular "have the following
> N distributions available" posting then I'd be more concerned about
> that.  (I would, however, encourage people to respond directly to the
> person that posted the announcements: "can you burn me a copy too"
> messages aren't exactly the most thrilling for the rest of the list.)
>
> Ewen

Would it we easier to implement a feature of the website to allow ppl
to say "I have X distro for copying"  - ppl could opt in to website
announcements/distro announcements or just check the website... Jethro?
;)

Jo 'Mangee' Booth
Did you miss it?
See the playback at http://webcam.mangee.net.nz/overview.html?p=100