[wellylug] Wireless card that works with Debian

JP jumbophut at yahoo.co.in
Tue Mar 16 17:40:07 NZDT 2004

All this talk about Cafe-Net has made me consider
buying a PCMCIA wireless card for my laptop, which
runs Debian Woody.

Does anybody know of a card that works without fuss on
that distro?  I'm happy to load modules, but would
prefer to avoid a kernel compile.

Also, it would be good if the card were actually
available from a Wellington retailer (big list here,
but with no word on Linux support --
<http://www.ascent.co.nz/mn-product-template.asp?cname=Wireless>).
 There are a bunch of cards I have found on google,
but all old and not retail now.

Preference for 802.11b/g, but I know I probably can't
have everything.

Cheers
Tony