[wellylug] Mandrake 10 problems

Jamie Dobbs jamie.dobbs at orcon.net.nz
Wed Mar 17 19:44:51 NZDT 2004

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 15:13:05 +1300
Jonathan Harker <jharker at massey.ac.nz> wrote:

> Mandrake has not "released" Mandrake 10 yet, and won't for another two months.
> The current release of Mandrake 10 is the community edition, which is still a
> beta, intended for testing. If you're not prepared to submit bug reports, or
> want to run Mandrake on a production box, you should not be using 10 at all.

Perhaps Mandrake should say that somewhere in the installation process then? I would think that an OS that has already had 2 beta's plus an RC1 should be pretty stable.

10 looks OK once you get by the installation problems and I'll give it more of a go over the next few weeks , esp. now that I have found out a way to actually manage to install it, it still seems pretty bad to me that I have to boot off the second CD to install the OS  .... or is there a new ISO of CD1 that fixes this problem?