[wellylug] MD10CE updates

Damon Lynch damon at photo.geek.nz
Mon Mar 22 19:10:17 NZST 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-22 at 18:54, Robin Hinde wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 12:33, Damon Lynch wrote:
>

> > http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/ftp.php3
> >
> > Almost any mirror listed will do.
>
> No, that is my point. When using the Software Media Manager and adding an
> update_source, you are presented with a list of servers to choose from.

I'm not configuring an update source.  I'm running from cooker.  Sorry,
I forgot to mention that, and of course I should have listed the cooker
mirrors.  Running cooker for now is equivalent to 10.0 CE with all
updates.  That will change when 10.0 Official forks from cooker.

> Not sure how that fits into the Software Media Manager/Mandrake Update
> scenario.

It doesn't, AFAIK.  I run it from the command line :)  Actually I use
this, which can result in good bandwidth savings:

http://members.optushome.com.au/ronst/

Damon