[wellylug] Switching wife to Debian

John C Barstow jbowtie at amathaine.com
Mon May 3 08:19:44 NZST 2004

On Sun, 2004-05-02 at 15:40 +1200, Brian Hoy wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> At the risk of starting some sort of flame war, I will none the less ask the
> obvious question.  Why are you even bothering?  Presumably your missus is
> happy with her current setup otherwise she wouldn't need too much
> convincing.  Why create work for yourself to only recreate what she already
> has?

Well, she's not resisting.  She's quite happy to use Linux (At least
since I upgraded to GNOME 2.6); but the thing that keeps from using it
full time are the three items I mentioned.  Whenever she wants to do one
of those tasks, she reboots into Windows.  Which of course kills my ssh
sessions.
So - if I can accomplish those tasks for her, she'll actually switch and
I won't have to do a monthly virus/ad-ware check like I do now.  And I
can free up another 25 GB of hard drive space.