[wellylug] Command Line Carriage Return Question

David Antliff dave.antliff at paradise.net.nz
Mon May 3 14:31:49 NZST 2004

On Mon, 3 May 2004, Chris Hodgetts wrote:

> Hello, I have a command line Jabber messenger tool.
> (Being used for alerts and things)
>
> It appears that I can only send messages in a single line format.

A recent Dr Dobbs Journal (DDJ) had an article on using Jabber in-house
for developer communication, as well as automatic notification of events
such as 'daily build complete' - it discussed ways of interfacing to
Jabber via shell scripts. Perhaps this would be useful? I'm afraid I don't
have the publication with my any more, but it was either Feb 2004 or March
2004 I think.

Cheers,
David.