[wellylug] Linux on yourCV

Enkidu enkidu at cliffp.com
Sun May 9 13:45:27 NZST 2004

On Sat, 8 May 2004 16:39:41 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

>Interesting comments for those looking for Linux/UNIX jobs. They appear to make
>some sense, esp for job seekers with online CV's.
>
>http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/commentary/33660.html

Interesting, but not new. And I totally disagree with this comment,
which he uses *twice* for goodness sakes!

"Dealing with a technology-illiterate recruiter who is screening you
for a technology job isn't much different from dealing with a manager
who knows everything there is to know about mainframe- or
Windows-based computing and expects that expertise to apply to Linux.
It doesn't, but telling them so isn't helpful to your prospects."

MF skills *DO* translate to other environments....

Cheers,

Cliff