[wellylug] ipcop problems

Enkidu enkidu at cliffp.com
Sun May 23 18:18:20 NZST 2004

On Sun, 23 May 2004 17:14:41 +1200, you wrote:

>Further on this my logs are showing and IP address of 219.88.241.90
>trying to connect to me with a source port of 80 (HTTP), and a dest port
>of 34145 and 34144 - any ideas?

Are you sure it's a connect attempt? Usually, a request for a web page
goes out on a random high order port (though 34145 seems high) dest
port 80. The response comes back src port 80, and dest port the high
order port. Sending to a high order port, with source port 80 will not
normally work.

The address you give is www.orcon.net.nz !!

Cheers,

Cliff