[wellylug] strange power-related problem

Damon Lynch damon at photo.geek.nz
Fri May 28 14:18:58 NZST 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-28 at 14:55, Kris van der Merwe wrote:
> About a decade ago, I had a  strange power-related problem, and that was
> the solution.
> Apparently, under that motherboard design, if the ready pin connection
> on the printer port was high, it caused the problem.

It may be related, especially considering on the Shuttle the parallel
port is an optional extra and I had to install it myself.  It is
possible I may have attached it incorrectly (mind you, it does print
fine).  But I do seem to recall it had the no post problem even without
the printer attached.

Thanks
Damon