[wellylug] cat README | more ???

Darryl Hamilton wellylug at addict.net.nz
Fri Nov 5 16:05:28 NZDT 2004

Enkidu wrote:
> On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 06:54:34 +1300, you wrote:
>

>>***(Humph! vi IS a user friendly editor if you know it!)***
>>
>>vi is the definition of  un-intuitive and obscure and several other words
>>that I cant spell
>>
>>it makes me use bad language and eventually makes me type
>>sensible things like apt-get install pine.
>>

> Using pine makes me use bad language and say things like "Call this a
> friggin' editor!! Bah humbug!!"

I used to be a pico weenie, always wanted to learn how vi worked. But
the un-intuitive part always turned me away.

Since then I've learnt how to use the thing, and I have to say, it's
much quicker to use than pico ever was.

There is one kinda amusing/annoying thing I keep doing though - I press
escape after typing anyting in any other editor, and keep wanting to
type :wq to save any changes... :)

d.