[wellylug] Wellylug: End of Poll

Jethro Carr dodocaptain at paradise.net.nz
Wed Nov 17 07:27:08 NZDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-17 at 19:06, Andrej wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 00:22, webmaster wrote:
> > Here are the results for the latest poll (now finished):
> > If you could find instructions, would you design & build your
> > own computer from scratch for fun? (actually making your own
>                                                                          --------------------
> > motherboard, video card, etc)
>   -----------------------------
> > Possibly. | (24.0%),6 Votes.
> > Way too hard! | (40.0%),10 Votes.
>
> > Definitively! | (24.0%),6 Votes.
> > Been there, done that. | (12.0%),3 Votes.
> Wow - that means that ~ 36% of the people who took the
> time to complete the poll are electronics engineers with way
> too much time at their hands :D (Either that, or they just
> can't read [which I find more likely]).

I voted definitively as I would love to spend days building a computer
from scratch. DSE has a book about programming PIC microcontrollers
which I might get, as it has information on how to program them, and
sample circuits...

I think that most of the 'been there, done that' votes were people
assuming I meant assembling their own system, not building it from
individual components (eg: IC's & solder)

And before anyone asks, yes I am going to make the poll inform us of the
next one, but I can't do it until my exams are over. Once they are, I'll
take a look at it.

The new poll is 'Would you be interested in attending a lug in the
jonsonville area?'. I know Rob said 'don't worry about a poll', but I
had it queued up in the poll system so I left it there.

visit it @ http://www.wellylug.org.nz

--
-- Jethro

dodocaptain at paradise.net.nz