[wellylug] Wellylug: End of Poll

David Antliff dave.antliff at paradise.net.nz
Wed Nov 17 08:15:04 NZDT 2004

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004, Jethro Carr wrote:
>> Wow - that means that ~ 36% of the people who took the
>> time to complete the poll are electronics engineers with way
>> too much time at their hands :D (Either that, or they just
>> can't read [which I find more likely]).

Standard hardware/digital electronics course at University (esp.
Engineering School) usually involves construction of some sort of system.
For me, it was a Z80 computer. Sure, it was done with a breadboard rather
than a 'motherboard' but all the buses were wired by hand. I wouldn't call
it extraordinary and since I had to pull it all apart at the end of the
course it wasn't particular satisfying either - but it sure took a lot of
time.

--
David.